The goal of the process in both individual or group mental health counseling is to help participants to overcome stress, emotional problems, interpersonal conflicts or troublesome habits or simply help them to expand their self-awarness.
Counseling generally works with clients on the following issues:
- Dealing with loss (e.g.: grief, loss)
- Feeling sad
- Feeling anxious or guilty
- Mobbing or bullying concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Alcohol/drog/smoking reduction (prevention)
- Life Changes/Transition
- Improvement of Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Manage Stress (work or home related)
- Boundary Issues (at work or at home)
- Work-life balance issues
- Searching for meaning in life (e.g.: spiritually)
How does group counseling help? It could giude people to:
- understand the behaviors, emotions, and ideas that contribute to the condition.
- understand and identify life problems or events (such as a major illness, a death in the family, a loss of a job or a divorce) that contribute to their illness and help them understand which aspects of those problems they may be able to solve or improve.
- regain a sense of control and pleasure in life.
- learn coping techniques and problem-solving skills.
Would you like to make an appointment?